If mentioning the best swimming for watches that support swimming today, we must say the products from the famous Garmin brand. Considered to be the “tycoon” in the market of smartwatches that stand out with the product lines that possess intensive sports support functions (including swimming sports), supporting user health with design Unique is the first choice of sports people today.
However, all products from the Garmin brand are water-resistant and support swimming, but not all have a specific function for this sport, so users are difficult to choose. a most suitable product
Therefore, in this article, we will introduce four models of the Garmin waterproof smartwatch that support the best for swimming.
Best Smartwatch For Swimming 2020
1. Garmin Forerunner 945/935
Topping the list of the best Garmin smartwatch for swimming support is the Garmin forerunner 945 product line with many outstanding features, specialized support for swimming. This is also an upgrade from the Forerunner 935 model, so basically, these two product lines have similar swimming support features. However, the Forerunner 945 series is upgraded with a Sony chip that supports increased usage time, SOS alert feature, etc.
Garmin Forerunner is designed with high-class silicone material, so it is very lightweight and can be used for long-term operation without feeling entangled, heavy-handed. In particular, the product is compatible with the QuickFit ™ line of the strap that can be easily replaced and you can completely change the style with strap material from sporty with a magnetic silicon material to the classic leather strap. And even high-end metal bands.
Why is the Garmin Forerunner 945 sports watch line ranked No.1 in the Garmin product line for swimming aids? Because this is the product line with the best sports support features, especially the three combined sports, including running, cycling, and swimming with specialized support features for each sport that the line other no.
With specialized features that support swimming like:
- Water-resistance is equipped with the same 5ATM water resistance rating as other Garmin models. In this condition, the user can wear swimming in water pressure below 50m.
- The screen size of Forerunner 945 is 1.2 inches with a resolution of 240×240 pixels with lights behind the screen to support users can see clearly when using or practicing in low light environments, can still see the parameter.
- In particular, the detailed swimming support features of the product are shown in very detailed and vibrant:
- Garmin Forerunner waterproof smartwatch can automatically identify swimming in artificial lakes or the natural environment very accurately from which to display swimming data.
- Forerunner 945 will provide detailed information about swimming parameters such as length, distance, pace, number of hands/speed, calories so you can capture details and perform the right technique. as the purpose of your operation.
- In particular, with automatic detection of swimming style: Free swimming, backstroke, stride, butterfly swim from which to accurately evaluate the parameters shown.
- Swimming pool exercises are also preloaded to help users have more materials to refer to as well as additional knowledge about swimming completely.
- Whenever users change swimming movements, Forerunner 945 will automatically calculate the number of changes and display them on the screen to notify users to capture the most detailed and complete information.
- When using the swim product outdoors, swimming indicators such as length, distance, pace, number of hand fans/speed, calories, and distance are also measured, evaluated, and displayed information the whole way.
2. Garmin Fenix 5 High-End Smartwatch
Ranked No. 2 in the collection of swimming smartwatches Garmin, you can not ignore the Garmin Fenix product line 5. In this line, there are a series of 5, 5s, 5x with similar functions, only different in design, product material, and battery capacity. Therefore, depending on the preferences and conditions of customers, you can choose the model according to personal preferences.
This product line is water-resistant up to 10ATM (100m), twice the water-resistance of Garmin Forerunner 945/935 smartwatches, but is ranked behind by the material that makes the product designed. Made of metal, it will be more substantial, obstructing, difficult for a long time to use.
However, in addition to that disadvantage, the product also incorporates intensive swimming support functions like Forerunner 945:
- Swim efficiency (SWOLF): is the ability to calculate the maximum amount of VO2 of a user when swimming, the cardiovascular index for users to grasp better, increase physical fitness. Every day, when you use exercise, this feature will help you record so that you can compare to improve your health better.
- Auto-detect type of swimming: Free swimming, backstroke, stride, butterfly.
- Drill logging: Combined with the feature to help recognize the type of swimming from which to calculate, save your swim ring data on one swim (data about arm span, swim time, etc.) most accurately.
- Swimming data support: Identify swimming in the lake or swimming in the natural environment.
- Shows swimming and outdoor swimming indices: Length, distance, pace, number of hands/speed, calories consumed.
- Swimming exercises at the lake are also preloaded to devices that support users to exercise in the most optimal way.
3. Genuine Garmin Instinct Smartwatch
The new Garmin Instinct waterproof smartwatch is a newly launched Garmin product line that is introduced with U.S. military standards of bearing, water-resistance and extreme temperatures with water resistance up to 10ATM ( 100m), resistant to free fall from a height of 2m and heat resistance at temperatures from -20 degrees to 60 degrees C.
No products found.
However, this is the only product line ranked 3rd in the ranking of the best waterproof swimming smartwatch lineup in 2020 despite having twice the water resistance index of the Top product line. 1, because the product does not possess many specialized support features for swimming sports but only supports the following basic elements:
- Swimming performance: the ability to calculate the maximum amount of VO2 of users when swimming, the cardiovascular index for users to better grasp, increase physical strength. Every day, when you use exercise, this feature will help you record so that you can compare to improve your health better.
- Drill logging: Combine with the feature to help recognize the type of swimming from which to calculate, save your swim ring data on one swim (data about arm span, swim time, etc.) most accurately
- Ability to identify swimming environments in lakes or natural water environments
- Show detailed parameters of swimming parameters in the pool as well as swimming in the natural environment such as the length of the lake, swimming distance, pace, number of hands/speed, calories consumed when swimming in Real-time is how much.
- When users can show many different types of swimming such as free swimming, backstroke, stride, butterfly, Garmin Instinct will automatically detect the swimming type.
Above are four models of Garmin waterproof smartwatches that have the best swimming supportability in 2020 ranked in 1-3 order based on the support features dedicated to swimming. Can refer to choose yourself the most suitable product. However, to use the most durable and beautiful products, you need to note the following usage:
- The product line announced by the company is 10ATM or 5ATM water-resistant capable of withstanding water pressure of 100m or 50m or less in a short time, it has been tested and verified in static pressure environment such as swimming pools. As for the dynamic pressure environment (swimming in the sea), the pressure at the depths will be difficult to determine and higher than the static water pressure, so it is recommended that customers do not use the product for swimming.
- If customers use for a long time in a seawater environment, the salt will corrode your watch (especially the series with steel, alloy, etc.), causing loss of aesthetics.
- When using your Garmin smartwatch in a static pressure environment like a pool, you should not swim deep or dive, only allow swimming on the water. And soaking time should not exceed 1 hour