DJI recently participated in the market of action cameras with super products named Osmo Action. But not long ago, the company launched Osmo Pocket, a small 3-axis gimbal, shooting 4K video 60fps.
But to say “It’s” better is not so easy. So, do you want to know the features of DJI Osmo Action with DJI Osmo Pocket, who is stronger? The following article that Mauro tested DJI Osmo Action and DJI Osmo Pocket together. His video guides you through the main specifications. Let’s follow it!
Image stabilization : Mauro tested both cameras while going and running, and stability looked great on both cameras. I really don’t know which one to choose if confidence is the only factor.
Field of view: Field of view will look wider on Osmo Action (145 degrees), while Osmo Pocket has a Field of view of 80 degrees.
Sound: In the video, you can also hear the music that both cameras record with the internal mic. And it’s much better on Osmo Action. The sound looks more evident, and the microphone inside gets less noise. However, you can improve the tone on Osmo Pocket with this external microphone adapter.
Image quality and color: From what I can see, the image quality looks better on Osmo Action. The scenes seem sharper, and it seems the range will be a bit more dynamic. In terms of color, on DJI Osmo Action with DJI Osmo Pocket brings the best color images on an action camera.
Battery: Osmo Action has a removable battery, so you can have more power and make sure you have enough battery for the entire scene. On the other hand, Osmo Pocket has an integrated battery. If the battery of the Pocket is depleted, continue recording if you have a USB cable to charge!
Filming options : Osmo Action filmed HDR movies in 4K and turned slow motion to 240fps. Meanwhile, Osmo Pocket does not have HDR and is capable of rotating slow motion to 120 frames per second in full HD mode.
Build: Osmo Action has two screens, and each filter is larger than the display of Osmo Pocket. Osmo Action is waterproof when down to 11m, while Osmo Pocket is not waterproof and requires a protective cover.
So, to make the most accurate decision, it all depends on what you want. Osmo Pocket is handy for shooting things not too far away. “She” may be helpful for bloggers, although Mauro has added the microphone mentioned above converter to improve the sound. On the other hand, Osmo Action is created for action movies and helps you perform better when exposed to extreme weather (like any action camera).
You can refer to the following specifications comparison table for a better understanding!
- Dual Screens: Whether you want to record your world from behind a lens or be the star of the show, Osmo Action's dual screens allow you to capture it all with the touch of a button. A vivid front screen lets you frame yourself effortlessly in any setting, while the back screen delivers a crystal-clear, hyper-responsive display.
- RockSteady, Made to Move: RockSteady combines EIS with complex algorithms, delivering stable, shake-free footage no matter how heavy the action gets.
- More Dynamic Detail with HDR Video: Dramatically enhance the dynamic range of your footage when recording with HDR video. This shooting mode delivers natural transitions between light and dark areas, capturing rich details that are often lost in environments with complex lighting.
- 11 M Waterproof: Sporting a watertight seal and a hydrophobic coating on the back touchscreen, Osmo Action is waterproof at depths of up to 11 meters, making it the perfect underwater companion.
- Backed by DJI customer support - Includes Full DJI USA WARRANTY
- Please note that phones with a Micro USB port can not be connected to Osmo Pocket through the Universal Port.
- 3-Axis Mechanical Gimbal: The Osmo Pocket camera is equipped with a remarkable 3-axis stabilized gimbal and a new algorithm that ensures a control accuracy of ±0.005° and maximum control speed of 120°/s.
- Amazingly Powerful Performance: Osmo Pocket snaps photos in stunning detail, thanks to a 1/2.3-inch sensor, 80° FOV, and f/2.0 aperture. It can also shoot 4K/60fps video at 100Mbps and photos at 12 MP with a pixel size of 1.55 μm for footage worth sharing every time.
- DJI Mimo: Osmo Pocket is meant for anyone with a story to tell, which is why we developed DJI Mimo. This dedicated app expands your imagination with editing tools and opens the door to a community that inspires your own visual storytelling.
- What you get: DJI Osmo Pocket, Carrying Case, Smartphone Adapter (USB-C), Smartphone Adapter (Lightning), Power Cable. NOT INCLUDED: Micro USB Adapter, USB-C to Micro USB adapter